Story telling connects people. People remember stories and share them with others.
All the digital marketing platforms we’ve talked about help you tell your business’ story. Online video is another way. Would you rather type or talk? Videos let you tell a story without typing. They help you share your history, your staff, your products and how to use them, the value you provide and how people react to that value.
According to comScore, in December of 2009 the average US Intenet user watched 187 videos a month. A MONTH. That’s astounding and it continues to grow.
Don’t freak out, I’m not suggesting a feature length budget-buster. Nobody will sit through it, so don’t bother. But, people love to click on short snippets that give them something interesting to watch and listen to. Here are a handful of people doing it pretty well: AC Moore, The Vatican, Old Spice.
* Online video consumption has doubled over the last 12 months.
* 40% of videos are watched on YouTube.
* 86.5% of U.S. Internet audience views online video.
* Videos don’t have to be shot they can be compiled.
* 30 seconds is long enough.
Tell your story in pictures.